Cosmetic Dentist Manassas VA
There are numerous cosmetic dental procedures aimed at improving function and oral aesthetics. Ultimately, the cosmetic dental procedure a patient receives depends on the current dental concern an examination by a cosmetic dentist Manassas.
Our office is equipped with the latest, state of the art equipment to treat a variety of dental conditions. In addition, our personnel is well trained, with vast experience and skills. Oftentimes, many patients inquire about dental implants, bridges, and dentures. Learn about these popular procedures below and contact our cosmetic dentist Manassas today!
A dental implant is a surgical prosthetic device that is inserted into the jawbone. In short, it acts as an anchor for dental bridges, crowns, and certain types of dentures. The implant is permanently fixed deep into the jawbone, fusing with the bone over time.
Dental implants are great dental replacement devices. In fact, many patients prefer them due to the natural-looking results and durability.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Implants are known to last several years and sometimes a lifetime with proper care.
- Acts as an anchor point for the attachment of other dental prosthetic devices. For example, dental implants can be a point of attachment for dentures. Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry of the dentures moving out of position.
- Dental implants resemble the natural appearance of the tooth.
- Lastly, they perform the functions of the missing teeth.
Dental bridges are typically a fixed tooth/teeth restoration device that closes the gap of missing teeth. In brief, dental bridges act as artificial teeth, performing the functions and appearance of the natural teeth. The color of the dental bridge also resembles the natural coloration of the teeth.
The dental bridges come in four main types that include; the traditional dental bridges, cantilever, Maryland, and implant-supported dental bridges. The dental bridge is custom-made by your cosmetic dentist Manassas to perfectly fit the space of the missing tooth or teeth. Once ready, the dental bridge is permanently fixed into place.
Benefits of Dental Bridges
- Restoration of the normal appearance of the tooth, enhancing your smile
- Helps in restoring your chewing capability
- Enhances your speech and pronouncing, previously interfere with by a missing teeth
- Readjustment of your bite force, making it easy and comfortable to eat
- Helps in the restoration and strengthening of teeth into their correct position
Dentures are one of the most common dental prosthetic devices used by many people. These removable mouth appliances are excellent for replacing some or all teeth. In brief, dentures are custom-made to fit in your mouth comfortably and aesthetically pleasing. In addition, they are usually made of porcelain or resin material.
Benefit of Dentures
- Improve oral appearance
- Perform the functions of missing teeth, notably help in chewing and eating
- Helps in improving speech
- Easy to care for and can last up to 8 years
Contact Our Cosmetic Dentist Manassas
Overall, replacing missing teeth is essential for maintaining optimal oral health. Contact our cosmetic dentist Manassas to learn which option is best. At Manassas Smiles, we offer a variety of dental treatments to assist patients of all ages. New and existing patients may call (703) 335-1020 or schedule an appointment online here.